Tuesday, October 8, 2013

One Down, Two to Go!

(Former Dodgers manager and famous eater Tommy Lasorda was caught in a break of his post-game celebratory meal where he answered a few questions.)



So I finished that "personal size" pizza, but if that's all you got, I'm gonna need two more.  Huh?  These are medium?  Whatever.  Ah - extra Italian sausage!  Perfecto!

I'm about to...can I get another glass of my award-winning wine?  Thanks, Dave.  I can't begin to eat pizza #2 unless we have some wine here.  People talk about me and talk pasta, but I love pizza, too.  It's a great "on-the-go" meal.  Sometimes I'm eating Sicilian Sausage sandwiches, and next thing you know, the bread slips, and it's a huge mess.  Remember what I always tell you: Never Waste Food.  If someone's about to toss about a wedge of garlic bread, pizza crust, half bottle of vinaigrette, or Hostess Baseball, I'm right in their face!  Then that food goes into my face.

I've got to start quick, where's the wine?  Uribe is one of my heroes from our first round victory over the Braves!  Crawford is as well, and don't forget about K.  Kershaw and Koufax.  They are the bookends of this franchise.  Hershiser is the bookmark.  But Uribe, once he sees this pizza, I'm screwed.  He might match me in pounds, but he's got decades on me.

Los Angeles can be a tough place to find decent pizza.  This is a burger town, as you know.  It's tough when I'd be on my way home from a game, and all the Italian restaurants are closed.  The open pizza places serve that "New York" style that's like sauce on a paper towel.  I once ate a New York style pizza in one sitting and then turned to Jerry Reuss and said "where are we going for dinner?"  That frustration lead me to one of my famous endorsements: Chicago Brothers frozen pizza.


My brothers have a restaurant back east, too.  You can get the Lasorda family special - 5 pounds of pasta in a big - ah there's the wine!

The fruits of victory!  There's nothing like it.  Hey Juan...you oughtta try some fruit one of these (belch) whoop.  OK, time to eat.  Move it.

No comments: