Thursday, June 27, 2013

"Keep going. You're doing better."

(Long overdue for an update, we were able to connect with former Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda during his morning workout.)



Shut the face, Doc.  I'm (breath) going as fast as I fucking can.  Whew.  How much more of this shit do I gotta do?  3 more?  All right - here's one for each win over the Giants!  1.....2...........3.  Oh my god.  OK...(breath)  Thanks, Doc.  See you tomorrow.

Honey, is he gone?  Good.  Did you bring that breakfast burrito in your bag?  Ah - perfect!  Put that Riunite on ice.  That's a good breakfast.  You saw how hard I was working in that pool.  (Takes large bite of burrito)  This guy's gotta realize I never stop working.  Whether it's baseball, eating, exercising, wine, managing or dining, I'm always giving it everything I got.

(Takes large bite of burrito)  I thought this was supposed to be at my pace.  He won't let me play my Dean Martin or Jerry Reed records while I'm working out...you have to bring in these foods.  Have you ever had an egg white omelet?  You have to fill that damn thing with so much stuff to taste good.

I'm always working, you know?  We go to New York to play the Yankees, and if we're not at my customary table at Rao's, I'm making deals trying to keep Donny Yankees in New York.  We almost had him, didn't we?  If that damn secretary hadn't made a wake-up call to his room "by mistake" he'd still be there.  Then I'd have Wallach running things.

We sure put the Giants in their place...outta first place!  Sweeping the Giants, 5 wins in a row...you think the Doc would let me off easy, but (takes long draw of Riunite).  Aw man.  Only time I can drink this stuff is when I'm really thirsty.  It's like mixing wine with 7 Up.  But (belch) - whoop.

Did you know Donny Yankees doesn't even know enough Spanish to talk to Puig?  Yasiel and I have conversations about Cuban food all the time.  I take him to Porto's in Burbank and Donny gives me a look.  Fuck you, Donny, he needs to be in the right fucking frame of mind.  Let him feel at home.  No question that (takes large bite of burrito) oh - got a big bite of salsa there.  (Yawn)  All right.  I'll get cleaned up and then we can head to the stadium.  Ugh.  I think I ate this kinda fast.  Is it that you're not supposed to eat before you swim?  Huh...

No comments: