Wednesday, July 24, 2013

When you're hot, you're hot

Last night was simply a thing of beauty.  You're hearing and reading a lot about the Dodgers play of late, but nothing compares to last night.  How this could be the team I wrote about a little over a month ago is the same team now, I don't know.  But when you have the following pitching:
Chris Capuano
Carlos Marmol
Brandon League
Kenley Jansen nearly blowing a save, for texture
...and Nick Punto playing like I told you he would: 0-5 on a night when everyone else got a hit...

...you don't win the game.  When it was 8-3 after the 6th inning, I said aloud (to, it turns out, no one interested) that I didn't like the fact that the Dodgers in essence forfeit every 5th game when Cap pitches.

Then the tide turned.

After playing UCLA ball in the 7th, the 8th inning came around.  Gonzo and Either with dongs, and we have the lead...and somehow (despite the list mentioned at the start of the article) the Dodgers win.

Just as when you're in a slump you find ways to lose, when you're truly hot you win games like that.  Still can't believe it.

Of course, the first I read of this crediting Donny Mustache at all for this win, I'm throwing the monitor out the window.

No comments: