Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Matt Guerrier scores?!

Two items of note happened in last night's Dodgers win:

One
Last night, Matt Guerrier came in for an at-bat, and stuck a guy out.  Then, HE had an at-bat.  The pitcher, one from the Pittsburgh Pirates, WALKED HIM

Matt came around to score.

So, yeah...I guess the coin landed "heads" and Matt had a "good game."

Two
The usually reliable "Dodger Talk" post-game show is slowly getting sour, and I found out first hand when I called.  Instead of the usual "I wanna talk about how this or that is good or bad" I had to give detailed info on my topics.  By the time I was on the air, they were ready to answer questions I had yet to ask.  One of the topics was the bullpen, and its shitness.  Well, Lance Cormier pitched the "junk innings" of a blowout win last night.  Dodger Talk folks said he's useful on the staff for those kind of situations. 

His line last night:
IP 2
H 2
R 1
ER 1
K 1
HR 1

A relief performance where a guy gives up a run was reviewed as "two solid innings."  It was so "solid" it actually lowered his ERA to 8.71.  This...and they disagreed on getting the minor league boys up here.  I think even Twins fans know how rare it is to score 10 runs in a game...using "junk" relief is just code for where you're kicked when they enter the game.

No comments: