Monday, June 27, 2011

An embarassment of riches! - Tommy Does Minnesota, Part 1

(Editor's Note: Baseball legend Tommy Lasorda is in Minneapolis for the Dodgers/Twins series.  We've asked him to write a summary each day on his visit)


Well, I know this might not be the right thing to do as this is a Twins "blog" but I needed a win like that.  The Dodgers needed a win like that, and so did the fans.  Folks, I never expected to hear that the Dodgers would be bankrupt!  Sure, with Frank sleazing around town it might have been inevitable, but in my heart of hearts, I didn't think it would happen.  And I bleed Dodger Blue, as you know.

Ironically, I heard the news as I was touring Target Field.  What a fantastic ballpark!  The fans of Minnesota deserved such a place, and it must feel good knowing that your team isn't on the auction block.  Huh?  Oh, it was?  That's right, it was.  Well, (clears throat) I did my best on a tour of the stadium.  Some highlights included the steak sandwich, which was really wonderful.  The Cuban sandwiches were all right, but remember, I was in Cuba for a while.  Plus, outside of me, who would order that?

The length of the game, I was thinking of where to celebrate the victory.  I needed a pick-me-up.  So, whadda ya say we head to David Fong's?  I actually got kind of screwed up here, because some old scouts were telling me about Howard Wong's, but we can't find out where it is.

How about that, Mr. Lasorda?!  Four hits!  My best game ever!  Great win!










Yeah, thanks...who are you?







Trent Oletjen...I played Right tonight.







Right, yeah!  (nervously looks around)







----------------------------------------------------------

Well folks, I'm back at the hotel to give you more of a recap.  It really was a fantastic night.  I don't want to rub it in, but let me give you a stat rundown of this performance!

1 Fong's House Chicken
1 Shrimp Hong Kong (Lopes liked that one)
1 Beef Chow Mein
1 Combo Lo Mein (reminds me of pasta!)
They even let me bring in my own bottle of wine!

See you tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Dickfer said...

Trent was a former Twin. Fine choice for dinner. Love Tommy.